Why aren’t casualty statistics aren’t given on both sides, like sports scores? And not just for soldiers. For civilians too?
War is indeed complex. Sebastian Junger, co-director of the doc, RESTREPO, writes in the NYT about the complexity of war and proposes the US erect a monument to the civilian dead of Iraq and Afghanistan. This would be a way to help our combat troops cope with the realities of the most serious and dangerous business in the world… war.
- asthmaticenemyofgod reblogged this from piware
- asthmaticenemyofgod likes this
- politicaldirtylaundry likes this
- mutualassureddistraction reblogged this from politicaldirtylaundry and added:
- kkupcakenoise reblogged this from piware
- politicaldirtylaundry reblogged this from piware
- retreatisnotanoption likes this
- piware posted this